About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

Catch of The Day

Axis Deer Hunt
Juction, TX - June 25-28, 2009
(The following photographs may not be suitable for children.)
Not really, they're totally normal - unless you grew up like I did with no guns, no hunting, no Survival Jim in 'da house.
Jim taught me that you don't 'catch' an animal when you're a hunter... you kill it. But I still forget sometimes. This is what Jim KILLED last week.
Way to bring home the bacon babe!

Seriously?
This is some war-assault-weapon sold only to the U.S. Government and crazy people like Mark Tangler. Only Jim & Mark would be caught up in the mountains playing with this thing.

Jim slays all of Lifes' Dragons for me and the boys... and occasionally he slays other things too.
As long as we're not mounting heads to the bedroom walls - I'm in full support!

PS: Jim got eaten by a tick while in route for this kill, and refuses to go to the doctor. So if he gets Limes Disease and dies - you'll all know why. Please don't die honey!

3 comments:

amy said...

ahhh.

Sandy said...

Em... you are in serious need of an update! I thought I was bad! Get on it!

kate + parker said...

ok is that picture up top new? i am in love with it. also, you need to update. thanks