About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

New Zealand

November 2011
Part I
Queenstown
These are a little redundant if you followed us on my
live posts from NZ.
But i thought I ought be more thorough
 for the sake of my own fading memories.

Saying Goodbye to Stoneridge Estate
and its charming chapel.
 This was actually a pre-vows lunch. It was blissful to be able to relax and grab a nice lunch before the wedding. More bliss, less hype - just the two of us.

 Jim thinks it's so weird that I like to take photos of food. He rarely will be a part of it, but mustered up the love for his new wife to pose with this great Mexican dish.
Even in NZ, we will find Mexican food.

It was pretty frightening in the beginning to drive on the left side of the road. I spent much of the time - certain we were going to take out pieces of a cliff or a florescent post on my passenger side. I eventually just had to stop paying attention. We drove almost the entire south island in two weeks. I took one twenty-minute-shot behind the wheel, and then handed the keys back to Jim. 
white knuckle city!

November 11, 2011
T.S.S. Earnslaw to Walter Peak Farm

 A tad touristy. But we are in fact, tourists.
Tourists, whom are a little more excited about being aboard T.S.S. Earnslaw than our hooded friend in the row ahead.

 I spend most of my time with Jim laughing like this. There are WAY too many photos of me in my lifetime in this exact pose. I'm pretty sure Jim is mocking me here.

Our guide, Old Spice.




These dogs are amazing.
With the zip of a whistle and a hand command he would jump the fence - gather the scattered sheep and herd them into a pen.

Watching this guy lose his coat was a little painful on such a cold, rainy day.


Next stop - a 35 minute plane ride to Milford Sound and a cruise through the sea...
Part II coming soon! 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

EMILY...Congratulations to you and Jim! I am so happy to connect with your exciting life via blog (thanks to the fun wedding announcement we received). You are such a favorite of mine and I will treasure the fun memories in Green Valley watching you grow into such a beautiful women. It looks like you are loving life and enjoying all the wonderful adventures! Keep in touch!
Love, Carrie Henderson