About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

2012 - September, October, November, Oh My.

An attempt to catch up... and a very random glimpse at the last few months of 2012.

(and in a time when I feel so lucky in life - I am reminded that it can be ripped away in moments.... to my sweet cousin Kristen, and her baby - thinking about you always. xoxo)




Getting Leah-girl ready to go out with Mom & Kate.


This is a tad older than a few months, but too important not to share...
A hilarious compilation of My Dad, and Kate's Father-in-law on Fathers Day. Same day, same living room, within an hour of each other. After Leah's blessing. Haaaa!

In September we visited Panama.

Panama City

The Canal. An engineering awe.
Connecting the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean was a true feat.
We sat in our boat, while millions of gallons of water filled the hollow steel walls around us. I watched our boat rise 30 feet.. and then 30 feet again, and then again.
 3 million gallons, another step up, another 3 million gallons... a step up... and so on.
 Almost 100 years later, they still cannot argue with the engineering genius that allows this canal to continue. Modern technology cannot improve what was established almost a century ago. So much so, that they are building a duplicate that allows larger cargo ships to make the journey, same engineering. old school.
copying the original model, cirque 1914.
A rare and romantic example of history that has proven to be unaffected by time.
What a marvel.





Sleepy town of Bocas del Torro.




Me negotiating a trade with these kiddos on Red Frog Beach. An ice-cream cone for the famous Panamanian Red Frog.

...delivered.


Fishing off a sailboat. Right before I started crying while snorkeling - terrified in the dark, stormy water with rain pouring down and electric jelly fish all around me. I'm a total woos.

My husband, a Master Diver. Trying to love me even though I'm afraid of dark water.


The boys in the back of the plane, once again. I think we were headed to Smoot, WY.

A visit to see Dave in GA

Dave's hospitality... and his Pillatus, took us to Charleston, SC to sail for a day. 
It was dreamy.







At Dave's lake house.  
Tonya & I trying to 'double' the single-rider knee board behind the boat.
We never got up. but had a ton of fun trying.

Baby Leah and Uncle Jim.. and Ty, who she ADores

Leah, finding treasures in Bo's room.


Watching me plant bulbs in the front yard.

Our BIG girl stroller purchase!

Guns in the house? Geeze.

My brother and Jimbo, looking so... desert-army-like.

Elijah. My one and only. 

Hoover Damn. 


I think I'm a professional nail-artist. Ask my sisters.

My Hockey Husband. 

Our home-made Hockey Rink at the ranch. 

The one-paragraph paper Bo turned in last week on his second worst fear (yes, he is ten).
Hahaha! Who has he been talking to... Jim?

 My family visiting the ranch in WY.

 Jimbo spotting my dad's shots.

Sweet baby Lindley.

K & P in the back-country of WY.

Mom & Dad

You know who with Uncle Jim.

Me & little man.

Visiting Sandy & her chitlens in Arizona.

playing the m&m game... a weird game Sandy made up as a way to make her kids think they 'earned' candy.

We even made a Katy Perry music video..  and for some reason wore turbans on our heads. 

The Halloween costume bobo wore this year - I will never understand it.
  
A photo on our flight in to St. George for the holidays. 
No wonder my Dad calls this his heaven on earth.

Kate & I torturing Leah to wear this hat we bought.

The Prugh's visiting us at The Ranch. And our zip line!!!
 Rorie was so Brave.


Babysitting Dukester for a weekend.

Not sure... bored in the line at Old Navy I think.

My Dad, being 'scary'. 

First Christmas NOT in Smoot, WY.
Christmas in Sandy, UT wasn't so bad. 
 I Love my boys. 

A short trip to Dominican Republic.


1 comment:

Sandy said...

A- Bo's paragraph is awesome! I can't imagine any other 10 year old being that smart! Love it!
B- 'Poison' is a game Spencer played growing up. I don't look for excuses to give my kids candy you nerd.
C- We need to make another video. That was fun. I like pretending like I'm 12 again.