About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

Antigua (Caribbean Island) - Feb 28th-Mar 8th, 2007










The trip to Antigua was probably my first “real” vacation. I’d never seen anything like it!The Taxi ride from the airport to the resort merits a permanent memory in my mind. I REALLY thought we were going to die.Our room was ground level with a walk-out patio to the beach, and an unbelievable view of the ocean.At least 3 couples got married in ‘our’ back-yard the week we were there. Steel drums & tropical flowers… and a down-pour of rain for one couple.I think the first three days we were there we did nothing but lounge and eat. Jim went diving one morning and I indulged at the spa.Around day three we found the ping-pong table and the empty dance club. Ha! We rocked the dance-floor like it was packed… but really we were the only ones there! I was robbed from my 1st place spot in musical chairs one night – but got a 2nd place bottle of Antiguas locally made tequila (which I steered clear of)!The day we went on the Jungle Safari was one of my favorites. Our tour guide was genuine and full of energy. He drove an open jeep that sat eight of us in back, and taught us about the islands’ history, as well as its’ people and their way of life.Leaving the island... the journey THERE is always so much better than the one back home.It was an unbelievable trip!






No comments: