About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

March 2012

Australia
We spent most of March in Australia - but I've blogged that to death already. No need to bore anybody with repeats. We loved Australia. If you missed the pics they're in 'older posts'. 

 Babies, Babies, Babies
My Mom & I hosted a baby shower for my little sister, Kate at my house in Sandy. Tons of family, lots of Kate's friends. We could not WAIT for that little girl to arrive.

 Mom-to-be

Aunt Jill making her contribution to the group baby quilt. 
Jill has always been the MOST amazing Auntie to me! I never feel like a grownup around her.

Kate is lucky enough (as are we) to have the funnest, most gracious in-laws. I swear, Parker's Family was meant to be part of us. 

 More of Park's sisters... he has five! Combined with us four girls - the boys are always out-numbered. 



 Some McDonald's


My Mom & Me - and Lindley

Stacey swooped in like the friend she always is - to help my frantic-self with the final details. I have no photos of her because she was behind the camera most of the evening. Luckily she has a cute little behind... I had to document her presence. 



My sister-in-law, Jenn - with my baby niece Lindley... that little girls' smile never fades.

Kate & Charlene, I'd say the shower was a hit.


2012 Champions!!!
Jim won his hockey tournament, wahoo! And by the looks of this photo you'd think there'd be a check in the mail.
He's being silly in this photo because 'it's just league hockey' he says,
 but I happen to think it's a pretty big deal!