About Us...

About Us...
This is our travel blog... our electronic travel journal you could call it... documenting our journeys to new & different places. I called our blog, 'Tree Top Flyin'... a Jimmy Buffett reference that reminds me of traveling, & the adventures to be had with our newly acclaimed 'IFR' Pilot & his plane. We're a non-traditional family - living in non-traditional ways... and I love it that way. For the four of us life is quick & distinct... it's unique and adventuresome - but it's also very normal. We have angst, & we have laughter. We have pain and we have greatness. We're happy, and we're whole...this family, that is mine.

Palm Springs, CA - February 8-10, 2008



First time to Palm Springs... another spontaneous adventure we came up with just hours before we left. We were supposed to fly to Nebraska to visit Vernon & Barb, and The Blatny's - but weather won. Conveniently, the weather in Palm Springs was clear skies, no wind, and 80 degrees. Wahoo! 80 degrees in february is just my style! We stayed at The Marriott Desert Palm Villas, and it was gorgeous.

Jim & I hiked Palm Canyon, a trail in Indian Canyons. Indian Canyons is owned by the Agua Caliente Cahuilla Indians whose ancestors settled in the area centuries ago. I'm not surprised this area was their spot of choice. It is beautiful and warm with an abundance of water, and to the visitors eye is the perfect combination of sand, water, rock, and green. What I'll remember most - is the desert palm trees, shaggy & weathered - yet strong and vibrant. Don't go to Palm Springs without visiting Indian Canyons.I spent a fabulous afternoon pool-side soaking in the sunshine... in my little world - it doesn't get much better than that!



No comments: